Readership: Philosophers and a general audience interested in the connection between philosophy and art.
Keith Lehrer, Professor of Philosophy, University of Arizona
Keith Lehrer is Professor of Philosophy, University of Arizona.
Forward: Website Information, Summary and Acknowledgements
1. Knowing the Content of Art
2. Consciousness, Exemplars and Art
3. Aesthetic Theory, Feminist Art and Autonomy
4. Value, Expression and Globalization
5. Artistic Creation, Freedom, and Self
6. Aesthetics, Death and Beauty
7. Aesthetic Experience, Intentionality and the Form of Representation
8. Theories of Art, and Art as Theory of the World
9. Self-Trust, Disagreement, and Reasonable Acceptance
10. Social Reason, Aggregation and Collective Wisdom
11. Knowledge, Autonomy and Art in Loop Theory