Readership: Readers interested in contemporary US politics and US-Mexico relations; regional markets in the southwest
Ananda Rose, Ph.D., Harvard Divinity School, USA
Ananda Rose is a published poet and journalist. She recently received her Ph.D. from Harvard Divinity School.
Introduction. The Immigration Controversy: Religion and Law in Collision
Part I. God In The Desert: Migrant Deaths and the Rise of Border Ministries
1. A Window Into The Crisis: Three Nuns and a Soup Kitchen
2. Sanctuary Old And New: The Biblical Tradition of Radical Hospitality
3. A Theology of Water: Humane Borders and the Reverend Robin Hoover
4. Transcending Borders: No More Deaths and a Higher Moral Law
5. Postscript: Riding with the Samaritans
Part II. Law in the Desert: Security, Sovereignty and the Natural Rights of the State
6. Fencing Arizona: Meditations On A Wall
7. Invasions, Floods, and Barbarians: What's to be Afraid of?
8. Senate Bill-1070: Wagers of Love and Fear at the Border
9. Postscript: What Would Jesus do?
Conclusion. And The Deaths Go On...