Please note, this offer price only applies to individual customers when ordering direct from Oxford University Press, while stock lasts. No further discounts will apply. If you are a bookseller, please contact your OUP sales representative.
Readership: Readers interested in World history and politics
Timothy H. Parsons, Professor of African History, Washington University
Timothy Parsons is a Professor of African History at Washington University. He is the author many books, including The British Imperial Century, 1815-1914: A World History Perspective, and The 1964 Army Mutinies and the Making of Modern East Africa.
Introduction: The Subjects of Empire
1. Roman Britain: The Myth of the Civilizing Empire
2. Muslim Spain: Blurring Subjecthood in Imperial Al-Andalus
3. Spanish Peru: Empire by Franchise
4. Company India: Private Empire Building
5. Napoleonic Italy: Empire Aborted
6. British Kenya: The Short Life of the New Imperialism
7. France Under the Nazis: Imperial Endpoint
Conclusion: Imperial Epitaph